Thanks to everyone who joined us for this unique shopping experience, September 1-15, 2020!
To Midori Kai Boutique Customers:
Midori Kai, Inc. (“Midori Kai”) hopes that you and your family are staying safe during this unprecedented Coronavirus pandemic, as we continue to all Shelter in Place and practice social distancing. Given this challenging time, Midori Kai made the difficult decision to cancel our “live” 2020 Arts & Craft Boutique. However, we decided to create a new e-boutique website to provide an opportunity for our loyal customers to shop on the various vendors’ website, enjoy videos by various entertainers, learn about our 2020 Non-Profit recipients, view the video about Midori Kai’s History, and participate in a Silent Auction in lieu of the Midori Kai raffle drawing.
We are pleased to announce that the Midori Kai 2020/2021 Non-Profit Recipients are as follows:
- Asian Pacific American Leadership Institute
- Japanese American Museum – San Jose
- Nichi Bei Foundation
- Suzume No Gakko
Take care and stay safe…
Phyllis Osaki and Marsha Baird, Midori Kai Co-Chairpersons
A special thank you to our 2020 boutique sponsors
- Home page Sponsors: GS Management Company, Gary & June Sakamoto
- Vendor Directory Sponsors: Marsha & Bruce Baird, Sharon Fong – Kiobi Designs
- Accessories Sponsor: Phyllis Osaki
- Apparel Sponsor: Joyce Iwasaki
- Desserts/Dining: Shigematsu Insurance
- Home/Art Sponsor: Carolyn & Greg Davies, Meglaur, Inc.
- Jewelry Sponsors: Kaye Masatani, Cynthia Sasaki Designs
- Textile Sponsor: Tad & JoAnn Kato
- Friends of Midori Kai: Mr. & Mrs. Gino Abad, Cooper Emerson, Bob & Ida Fujii, Emi Gusukuma, Lynn Gyorey, Suanne Higashidani, Nancy Hikoyeda, Beverly Howell, Patti Iwasa, Collette Kondo, Vera Matsumoto, Meglaur Inc., Henry Nakata, Jr., Jeanette Nishida, Marjorie Quon, Ann Saito, Ruth Shikada, Robin Shinagawa, Alan & Marge Taniguchi, Peter Thiemann, Sharon Uyeda, Joanne Webster, Chiyo Yoshihara – Studio Engravers, La Donna Yumori-Kaku, San Francisco Giants, Golden State Warriors, Cheryl Watanabe
Thanks to our In-Kind Sponsors who have donated their professional services to make this virtual event possible!
- Lauren Eejima – Graphic Design
- Duane Kubo, Henry Nakata, Steve Yamaguma, J-Town Community TV – Video
- AIM Mail Center, Los Gatos – Printing
- Herb Ohta Jr.
- Lisa Stambaugh, Collective Discovery – Web design
- Rome Hamner, General Manager, San Jose Taiko – Silent auction advice and guidance
“Congratulations! Wow, I am so impressed with e-boutique website! You did a fabulous job putting this together. Looks great, and very user friendly. Thank you for putting so much work, and time in making this e-boutique so successful.” — Winnie
“Wow – the site looks amazing. You all did a great job. The idea to do put it all together is really creative – especially with including the entertainment links.” — Erin
“The website looks great! Thank you for all the hard work you and Midori Kai put into keeping the arts & crafts boutique going through this disastrous time. This helps support us as artists to keep our work going too.” — Miyoko (vendor)
“I’m having so much fun shopping on-line at your Midori Kai Boutique. It’s great!” — Arlene
“I was very impressed with the Midori-Kai website! What a lot of work.” — Nancy
“I saw so many beautiful things to buy. You do such an excellent job. Aloha.” — Ellie
“Since Midori Kai opened its boutique website for shopping, I have been swamped with orders to ship out.” — Marian (vendor)
“Just wanted to tell you I shopped Midori-kai over the weekend. I was pleasantly surprised to see so many Hawaiian vendors.” — Jane
“I would like to thank you for such a great experience with you and the e-boutique. I really admire those that can figure out another way to get something done and looks like your team rose to the challenge beautifully.” — Diana