- To actively participate in and to generously give back to the local Asian communities
- To network and support one another in the business community
- To encourage, coach and mentor youth
- To celebrate our Asian heritage and culture
Midori Kai, Inc., a non-profit corporation (Federal Tax ID #77-0561406) was established in 1996 and our 10th Anniversary occurred in September 2006. Midori Kai was founded with the objective to create an effective organization comprised of Japanese American professional women leaders with various business and creative backgrounds, who are committed to community involvement, supporting local non-profit organizations, mentoring youth, and celebrating our Japanese American heritage.
Midori Kai is a cohesive group of professional women, who are focused on personal, professional and cultural development, as well as sharing our knowledge and experience to benefit others. Midori Kai has recently established an endowment to insure our ongoing ability to contribute to specific local charities and community events throughout the years.
View our 10th Anniversary Presentation, featuring our history in photos. (PowerPoint, 17M)
- Commitment to the national Japanese American community via involvement in various community functions, historical events and national conferences
- Hosted the fun-filled and very successful 2005 Paradise Royale Casino fundraiser
- Established a highly successful annual Midori Kai Asian Arts & Crafts Boutique, proceeds of which are donated to local non-profit organizations selected on a bi-annual basis.
Midori Kai Crafts, Cooking, Creations
Midori Kai Directors have learned and participated in the following:
- Japanese cooking including sushi
- Knitting, Needlepoint and Beading
- Ikebana and Bunko
- Holiday topiaries and Christmas wreaths
- Gift Bags and Greeting Cards
- Taiko Drum Lessons